Guide to Bridal Skin Care
Wedding day is one of the significant days in everybody’s life. This is the time when you’d want to look flawless as everyone’s eyes are on you. You may wear a stunning bridal outfit and choose the best makeup artist for your D-day, but that natural glow on your skin will still be the centre of attention.
In this blog we will discuss why it is important to follow a pre-wedding skin care regimen What is the routine for the same? What are the tips to be followed at home before your big day?
Importance of Pre-bridal Skin Care
Bridal skin care routines are different from your regular ones. We recommend starting these routines a few months before the wedding. Because, it will help you to remove dullness, fade away dark spots, reduce acne breakouts and embrace a toned, flawless, healthy and glowing skin.
Pre-bridal Skin Care Routine:
The bride’s wedding preparations are incomplete without following the pre-bridal routine. It is best to start taking care of your skin early to see substantial results.
1 year before the wedding
There are certain skin conditions like tanning, hyperpigmentation
, dry patches and dark spots that take a long time to be completely healed. Below is the skin care routine you may follow 1 year prior to your wedding:
- Start consulting a dermatologist a year before the wedding day. He/she will help you to identify your skin type, tackle the skin issues, provide treatment to the same and set a proper skin care routine.
For example: if you have normal or dry skin, choose moisturising creams like Kosmoderma Ultra Moisture Blast
. The active ingredient present in this cream is lactic acid that helps to remove flakiness and dryness from your skin. It also removes dead skin cells and allows the skin to retain moisture. You may also use Kosmoderma Moisture Boost Cream
as the presence of hyaluronic acid and ceramides helps in natural hydration of the skin. They also create a barrier by locking moisture that prevents your skin from drying.
- If the bride-to-be has oily or combination skin, she may use Kosmoderma Derambrite Cream in her regular routine. This cream is rich in kojic acid that helps in lightening dark spots and treats hyperpigmentation. It also makes your skin smooth by increasing the production of elastin and collagen.
- Start using sunscreen one year before the wedding as it provides protection from the UV rays of the sun. Brides may use Kosmoderma Photo Protect Sunscreen Gel with a SPF of 40 that is suitable for all skin types. Ascorbic acid and propylene glycol in the sunscreen forms a thick layer on your skin and helps in reducing visible signs of ageing.
6 months before the wedding
Before the wedding, six months are really crucial. You may opt for a healthy lifestyle and eating habits by following a diet full of vegetables, proteins and fruits. It is strongly recommended to eliminate the intake of carbs and sugar from the diet. This will make your skin and hair healthy. Below are tips you may include in skin care routine before 6 months of your wedding:
- Start using retinol containing products that will increase skin elasticity and reduce visible signs of ageing like winkles, fine lines and age spots. You may use Kosmoderma C-Brite Vitamin C Serum that contains ferulic acid and ascorbic acid as its active ingredients. They help in keeping your skin look firmer and aids in reduction of wrinkles. The serum also hydrates the skin and eases out flakiness.
- Another important thing involved in making your skin glow on wedding day is to relieve yourself from stress. Stress will deteriorate the health of your skin and hampers the natural skin barrier function. You should start walking, exercising and practising meditation regularly to make your skin glow on your special day.
3 months before the wedding
As the big day is approaching, avoid consumption of alcohol as it may enlarge your pores and will cause wrinkles and dryness. Below is the skin care routine you may follow 3 months before your wedding:
- Incorporate skin brightening booster capsules in your skin care regime to get radiant and even toned skin on your wedding day. For example: Kosmoderma Skin Brite Capsules is an ideal choice as it is formulated for Indian skin tone. Glutathione is the active ingredient present in the capsules that helps in decreasing tanning, improving overall complexion and gives a brighter skin tone. You may take two capsules a day for 3 months regularly to see efficient results on your special day.
- Three months before the wedding, start using cleanser in your skincare routine. You may use Kosmoderma Daily Gentle Skin Cleanser that is formulated with a unique formula to provide an oil-free glow to your skin. Cocoyl taurate is the active ingredient that provides a smooth look without drying your skin. Also, it aids in removing dead skin cells and keeps your skin vibrant.
1 month before the wedding
It's just one month before your wedding. All you need to do now is to make sure you have got your wedding day makeup look trials. Manage stress as it could cause skin breakouts and make your skin look dull. Below is the skin care routine you may follow 1 month before your wedding:
- Go for facials according to your skin type and skin concern.
- Exfoliate your skin two times a day for better results and follow it up with a face pack as it will make your skin glow on your special day.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from tanning.
- Also, make sure that you get a good quality “beauty sleep” of almost 7-8 hours. This will help in cell regeneration and produce more collagen. You may use Kosmoderma C- Brite Vitamin C Serum that keeps your skin look firmer and aids in reduction of wrinkles. The serum also hydrates the skin and eases out flakiness.
On the day of wedding
Finally, it is your wedding day. Start the morning by waking from a “beauty sleep”. Do not apply anything before your makeup. Leave your skin natural so that it gets set for your wedding.
On the day of your wedding, simply wash your face with a regular face wash or cleanser. Leave your face natural until you apply makeup. This will set your skin and will give you an extra glow after application of makeup products.
Pre-bridal Skin Care Tips to Follow at Home
Apart from using several products on your skin before wedding, you may follow below mentioned tips at home to give your skin a healthy glow:
Keep yourself hydrated
Stay hydrated by drinking enough water (7-8 glasses). It helps to moisturise your skin and hair, and keeps it hydrated naturally. Also, drinking enough water leads to less breakouts and will make your skin glow.
Get enough sleep
Another important thing in your bridal skincare routine is to have plenty of sleep. Sleep at least 7-8 hrs a day. Sleep derivation may lead to premature ageing and will cause dark circles to appear on your wedding day.
Eat balanced diet
It is advised to remove oily or processed food from your daily diet. Consume a good amount of fibre along with proteins, vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate your skin. Moreover, add more green leafy vegetables to your diet.
Practice meditation before wedding
Weddings are all about stress. Therefore, it is important to relax yourself by doing exercises at home or practising meditation. This will keep your mind and body relaxed.
What Not to Do Before the Wedding?
Cut back the consumption of alcohol before the wedding as it may carry tons of calories. This will weaken your digestive system and may dilate your blood vessels that will cause redness to your skin.
Sometimes brides panic at the last minute about their makeup products. Therefore, it is recommended to not try any new products on your skin before the wedding. Try to use the products that are given by your makeup artists.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bridal Skin Care
When should I start pre-bridal skin care?
Ideally, you should start your pre- bridal skin care 6-8 months before the wedding. However, if you don’t have enough time before your wedding, you may start 2 months before and be consistent till the day of your wedding.
What to do 15 days before marriage?
Stay hydrated by drinking enough water. Also, you may use serums and sheet masks daily to provide extra glow to your skin. You may do yoga and other exercises to keep your mind relaxed. Also, avoid fast food 15 days before the wedding and concentrate more on home made food.
What should a bride eat to get glowing skin before marriage?
In the diet, brides may include omega 3 rich food items like almonds, flaxseeds, chia seeds and walnuts. This improves the health of your skin and hair. Also, include healthy fats like avocados and nuts as this will provide an extra glow to your skin. Add more vegetables, fruits and juices to your diet before the wedding.
How to get glowing skin before my wedding?
To get glowing skin before the wedding use these following active ingredients:
- Protect your skin from the sun by using sunscreen rich in ascorbic acid and propylene glycol. This will provide an extra layer of protection to your skin from UV rays of the sun.
- Before the wedding, use retinol based skin products like serums, moisturisers and creams. This will lessen your wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
- Include hyaluronic acid based gels or moisturisers in your skincare routine as it will help your skin to stay hydrated.